P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Thursday, October 06, 2005

Dear Cara,

You put your mom into one hellish experience for two days. You had a hard time trying to get out of that tiny coccoon you were in for nine months. I never saw your mom in so much pain as you try to kick your way out into this world. She went from being a beautiful pregnant woman...



...to a woman in labor...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And I was there through it all. I was with your mom as we went that saturday morning to the hospital. I was so excited Cara. I wanted to see you so badly. And though I felt so sorry for your mom for the obvious pain she went through, I was full of anticipation for your arrival. I would stare at that monitor and counted the minutes between contractions. I watched the lines go up and down in sync with your heartbeats.

But when the doctor came in five hours later sending your mom home because it was apparently just a false labor, my face fell with disappointment. Did you hear me talking to you through your mom's swelled up tummy, urging you to come out? That's how excited I was to see you.

The next day, at around four in the morning, I was woken up by your mom's cries. The contractions were getting closer and closer. And your mom was in so much pain that your grandparents had to bring her to the hospital already. Thankfully, the doctors gave your mom epidural, a pain killer so strong she never felt any pain afterwards.

We waited and waited Cara. See your grandparents? They're also with your mom, waiting for your arrival. It took you so long that they eventually fell asleep on the hospital...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The doctor said you'll probably be out by seven at night, but an hour, two, three - oh I stopped counting - has passed and still you cling to your safe haven. Were you scared to come out? You need not be. A lot of people love you already even before they saw you. Including me, your mom, your dad, your grandparents and all the long lines of uncles and aunties.

Then your mom's temperature started to rise. Apparently you've been in her tummy for so long, that she's starting to develop some infections. So, at 12 midnight, the doctor decided to have your mommy undergo a C-section, so both of you will be safe. And guess what my beautiful niece? I went with your mom in the operating room. I had to don on scrubs and all that jazz. Oohhh I was sooo excited.

I waited outside the operating room for about ten minutes as the doctors prepared your mommy for the operation. I waited with bated breath - scared and excited at the same time. Scared because it's my first time to actually witness a real-life operation. Excited because in just a few minutes I would see you. When the nurse summoned me inside the operating room, I saw your mom on the operating table, surrounded with all these doctors all ready to get you out. I sat by your mom's side. I was so scared for her. But thankfully she told me she doesn't feel anything. They gave her anaesthesia and pain killers to block out the pain.

And then the doctor shouted "here comes the baby!" and I just had to look. Oooh Cara! I was the first one to see you. I saw your head outside of the tummy while the rest of your body is still inside. It would've grossed me out, if I hadn't thought you were the most beautiful thing I ever saw! And then we heard your first loud wail, and I couldn't help it, I cried with your mom. It was the sweetest sound I had ever heard.

After the nurses cleaned you up, they gave you to me. I showed you to your mom. You look so much like her!

I was so happy to see you Cara!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And a lot of people were happy to see you too! Esp. your mom...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com


your uncle...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


and your proud grandparents...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


and the long line of grandparents... aunties and uncles...


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

and of course.. me again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


You, our little precious angel, are gonna be so spoiled.

After all, by general consensus... you are the most beautiful baby in the whole wide world!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

posted at 4:42 PM by joyce

Comments:
your niece is beautiful... just like the aunt. :)

-pooh
 
best regards, nice info
» »
 
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »
 
Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger