P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Tuesday, October 11, 2005

If there is one thing that's keeping me going on slaving my way into my second degree, it's the thought that I don't want to be stuck working where I work now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I mean, I get great Federal benefits. The pay is really, really good. I've only been working there for less than two years now, but I've already had about seven pay raises. I don't mind working the night shift. After all, I'm a night person. I could never really function well in the morning. Although, it does kinda' suck because I never really have time for gimmicks. But that's okay. I never really met people here that really catch my interests. I don't know why, but the people I've met so far seem so shallow to me. Not all, mind you. There are also great people that I've met, it's just that, like me, they too are busy with work and school.

The reason why I hate my work is not the work at all. The work, per se, is easy. It's not stressful at all.

The reason why I absolutley loathe it, why I'd give anything to be able to quit it right this second, why it would give me perverse pleasure to shove my resignation letter up my supervisor's ass, is because of the other people who work there. It is teeming with people who loves, absolutely adores gossip. People who talk about other people, criticize other people, make fun of other people, but at the same time be friends with one another. It's absolutley disgusting! Grabe ang kaplastikan. Grabe ang office politics. The people there are just un-fucking-believable!

I say again, the work, per se, is not stressful. But what gives me stress right now, are the people. I don't know if it makes them feel better about themselves if they pick on other people weaker than them, or if they're just plain jealous, or if they really don't have that much of a life outside of work that they try to make up for that by telling themselves they're cool if they make fun of other people. Hayyy!!! It's just so stressful working with them. Sobra. I can't wait to get out of that place.

ANother reason why I hate it, is because these same people are so damn lazy. As in super. And they can get away with it because the union backs them up. The management is even scared of them. Like one time, a coworker told me that when the supervisor tells her to do some work, she'll threaten the supervisor that she will talk to the union, coz apparently the supervisor is picking on her. So then the supervisor leaves her alone. WHat the fuck?! A supervisor can't even tell you to do your work, when you really aren't?

I think the problem here is the union has too much power. Hindi na siya balance. It's like the union controls everything in there. You'd think that's an ideal situation? I don't think so. Not when someone who deserves to be fired - like he's so lazy, he's always absent, he's always late, he's so lazy - can't get fired because the union won't allow it. And so he still works there, feeling smug because he can't get fired, he can get away with being lazy and absent all the time and there will be no repercussions.

I know of other cases naman that they were successfully fired for one reason or another, but after a year, after the union fought for them relentlessly, they came back to work. I mean, hello! You got fired for a legitimate reason... why does the management let the union manipulate them? Grabe. SObra.

But as my co-workers would say, "it can only happen at the post office."

I really want to get out of there. Kaso, right now, the big pay they're giving me is really helping a lot. D ko maiwanan because of the money. Bwisit. I hate that. But I don't have a choice. It helps pay for my school ,my bills and my car, with still a lot left over for my kakikayan.

What's keeping me going right now is the thought that in just a year I will be out of there. I will have to quit when I finally go to my nursing school. Right now I'm just taking all the prerequisites. That will still take one year. But after that quit na ako sa work. I will concentrate on my studies.

I would be unemployed. I would leave my work (thank God!). But I know I will be much happier. Poorer maybe. But a lot more at peace.

Gosh sana one year na.

posted at 5:54 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger