P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Saturday, September 18, 2004

I'm in Heaven

Is it possible to be not only happy as I am today, but to be also contented with my life?

I feel like I am so blessed.

And I am just so contented and happy that a smile seemed to be forever etched on my face.

I finally introduced Jason to the whole family. Well, not the whole family because my mom and dad are in London right now so they didn't yet meet him. But I already introduced him to my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and my brother.

I was so nervous at first because no matter what I say that it doesn't matter that they don't like him, it does matter so much to me. I was so scared that they won't like him because he's an American. My brother even told me before he met Jason that if Jason turned out to be some arrogant white guy, he's not gonna talk to him. And before, whenever I talk about Jason, my brother has this frown on his face. I can't blame him. I've been living here in the US for more than a year now and I know how much our culture is so much different, and let's just say that we have this bad perceptions of Americans, some of them valid, some not. Don't get me wrong, I have American friends. But somehow there is this unwritten rule that we can only be friends with them, more than that is out of the question... mainly because of the difference in culture.

And then, when I told my grandma that I have an American boyfriend... well, let's just say that she doesn't approve... Same with my parents...

But then... I brought Jason to my brother's birthday celebration last Wednesday. He was so nervous. He doesn't know what to expect. He thought that my relatives aren't gonna like him because he is an American.

Before I introduced him to the family, I told him that in my culture we
mano to our elders. I thought him how to say do the mano po thing. SO when he met them, he circled the whole room and manoed to my aunts, uncles and grandparents.

And he got along well with them. So well that the next day when I went to my grandparents' house for dinner, my grandmom asked me, "Where's my apo? - refering to Jason. Everyone was telling me how nice he is. Even my grandma said that before she doesn't like us getting married to Americans but now that she met Jason she changed her mind.

And to prove that, when I talked to my sister in UK on the phone, she told me that when she talked to my grandma, she never stopped talking about how nice Jason was.

And my brother also like Jason. He said that Jason is indeed different from the Americans he know.

And Mags also told me that she likes him for me. She said that Jason is funny and nice. She can clearly see that he loves me.

Hayy. I'm happy that everything turned out okay.

And I'm so happy that everyone liked him. Makes my life so much more simpler. :)

posted at 9:10 PM by joyce

Comments:
Best regards from NY! »
 
Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger