P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Thursday, August 12, 2004

Some people are just born lucky

There are those chosen few who only gets to kiss one frog, and this frog turns out to be their prince. But for some people like me, it is unfortunate that we have to kiss quite a few frogs before we can finally find the right prince.

My bestfriend Ivy is one of those chosen few. She met her boyfriend of, er was it four years already?, and the love they have for each other is still as strong as the first year of their life together, despite the distance that separates them today. Erald is her first (and she hopes her last) boyfriend.

Sometimes I wonder what keeps their love burning? I don't seem to get it because I seem to ran out of love so fast. I just seem to fall out of love so easily. And then, the one person I really felt love, and where I was willing to hold on and tough it out, turned out to be just a frog... just a frog.

Sometimes I wonder if love is really meant for me. Or if I'm really destined to keep on kissing frogs, and in the end I'd find out that all the prince are taken and no one's left for me.

And now, he came along. Actually, he was there all along, but I was just too consumed by my pain to notice his glances, his sweet smile and his presence. I ignored him for a couple of months, telling myself that I'm not yet ready, that I don't believe in love anymore, that may all guys go to hell. But when my pain has subsided, when my fear vanished, when the wounds had healed, a door opened and I got to know him.

And I wanted to know more of him. I anticipate seeing him when I go to work. I anticipate him waiting for me at the parking lot so we could walk together to the building. I anticipate talking to him during our breaks. I anticipate him waiting for me by the time clock. I anticipate him walking me to my car. I anticipate talking to him before I drive home. And I anticipate his sweet hugs goodbye.

I might not be able to give him the love I had given to the one before him, but I am ready to tread that line one more time.

I may not be lucky in love as some people are. I may end up kissing a thousand frogs before I find my prince. But heck, life is one big risk. I'm ready to take on the challenge one more time.

***
I hesitated getting to know him. I thought that our culture is much too different. But our long talks into the night showed me that we have a lot more in common than I thought.

***
He gave me a cd of Usher, Maroon 5 and Spiderman 2 soundtrack. Ngayon yun na lang lagi kong pinapakinggan sa kotse.

***
I told my brother about him. Sabi nya pakilala ko muna daw sya sa kanya. Nyehehe. As if I need his (or anyone else's) permission to date!

posted at 12:17 PM by joyce


About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger