P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Monday, August 09, 2004

Is this a bad idea?

I have second thoughts about going out with skaterboy.

It's because we both work at the same place and people are bound to talk. And I don't like that.

And he gets in trouble just by talking to me. Just like tonight, he got into a fight with this guy. Geez, I felt like I was the reason why those two were fighting. And it's not a good feeling I tell you. Contrary to popular belief, it's not flattering to be the reason for a fight. It's scary and very uncomfortable.

But I kinda' like skaterboy. I like talking to him. He's so cute and funny. My co-worker even said he's adorable.

But then I don't like gossip. And I hate it when people say things behind my back. So what am I gonna do? Should I go out with someone from work, or is that a bad idea? I mean, what if things don't work out between us, then it would really be very uncomfortable working at the same place, and seeing each other almost everyday.

Argh. I'm having second thoughts now.

But he really proved that he really likes me.

Remember I wrote here that Lily planned to bring some baluts yesterday and make Jason eat one, coz I said that I'd only go out with him if he eats one?

Well, Lily didn't get a chance to go to China Town yesterday, so instead she boiled some eggs and dyed them pink, and then we pretended that those eggs were really balut and we'll see if he would really eat one.

Even before our break time, I already told him that Lily is bringing some baluts. And he broke off into a sweat.
Jason:"Oh men. Are you really gonna make me eat one?"
me: yup. why? are you scared jason?
jason: Is this really the only way I could go out with you?
me: Hmmm... well, if you don't wanna do it, it's okay.
jason: no, it's just that...what does it taste like? I mean, would I choke on the bones of that baby chick? Does it smell awful?
Me:(laughing so hard, eyes twinkling) No, silly, you won't choke. It's not like it has big bones like a chicken. You can even swallow it whole. And then once it gets into your mouth, you'd feel the hairs of the baby chick in your tongue...

I swear I saw him cringe at that.

me: So, are you chickening out on me?
Jason: No! I'll do it.
me: okay. be glad that I told you about it now, two hours before our break time, so you know, you can psyche yourself or something. (It was so hard to keep a straight face at this point.)
Jason: I'll eat one. I'll see you later.

Ten o' clock pm. Breaktime. Lily and I were laughing so hard, and we let in some of our co-workers at the joke we're gonna play on Jason. (Aren't we mean? hehe) Jason walks in at the break room carrying a bottle of mineral water. That cracked us up some more. He sat beside me, and said, "Okay I'm ready."

Lily brought two boiled eggs dyed pink. She took them out of her bag and gave one to Jason.

Jason: Oh, they're even dyed pink? it's like an easter egg.
me: no silly, that's really the color of balut.
jason: yeah ryt. (he took a deep breath.) oh my god, I feel like I'm in fear factor.
Lily: Jason, I'm also gonna eat one to show you that it's really safe to eat balut.

They both peeled the egg at the same time. At this point I was laughing so hard at the expression on his face. He closed his eyes and was about to swallow whole the egg, when I stopped him.

me: Jase, we're messing with you. that's not balut, that's just hard boiled egg!

The expression on his face was unbelievable. It was a split between relief and disbelief that he'd just been played all along. But he was also a good sport, because after that he laughed with us.

me: You really didn't think I'd make you eat one, didya?
jason: I really thought it was real. And I was really gonna eat it too.
me: no, you weren't. if you see a real one, I bet you'd get nauseous.

But that just proves that he really wants to go out with me. Ain't that sweet?

Now back to the point of this blog entry. Is it a bad idea to go out with a co-worker? Help! I'm really torn right now.

Oh, and yeah, I forgot. After we did that little 'game' with him, and after we all laughed at him, and after he laughed at himself for being gullible enough to believe that we would really bring balut and make him eat one, he gave me a really big hug and said I'm cute. hehe. It felt real nice to be hugged by him. hayy...

***
pero sa totoo lang, I'm scared at what I'm feeling right now. I hope and pray this is not rebound for me. I don't wanna hurt anyone again.

posted at 3:25 AM by joyce

Comments:
Very nice site! » »
 
Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger