P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Saturday, July 17, 2004

Before I bombard you with another story of my penchant for getting lost, allow me to announce to the whole world that I finally watched Spiderman 2. Finally! Two weeks (or was it three?) after it was released in the theaters, I just had the chance to watch it now! Hurray for me! Hehe.
 
Words fail me. It was really, really that good. And the effects... wow! Definitely better than the first one. I love it! :)
 
Okay, that's it for my review.
 
***
 
I post here time and time again how a supposed ten-minute drive to the mall turns to two hours of trying to find the right way, how a supposed five-minute drive going to my grandma's turns to two hours of circling the whole city, how, when they tell me to turn left, I nod and turn on the other direction - to the right, how I completely ignore the road signs, how I become bewildered to find myself in a very unfamiliar place, how a car filled with gas quickly almost run out of gas for driving around in circles....
 
Yeah, yeah. So it almost happened once again.
 
So what can I say? My only defense is I am directionally challenged. I admit it.
 
What's funny about this is that almost whenever I get lost, I have Mags with me.
 
One time we went to this theater 20 minutes from home. We got there in one click, but when it was time to go home, we found out that we didn't know how to get home. It took us almost two hours to finally arrive home, and not after a series of phone calls asking my uncle for directions.
 
So, owing to that incident, Mags tried to memorize the way home when she and her boyfriend went to watch a movie in that same theater.
 
Confident that we wouldn't get lost this time after watching Spiderman 2, she told me the directions.
 
When we finally got into a very familiar road, we were patting our backs telling each other that for the first time we didn't get lost.
 
WE celebrated too soon.
 
After five minutes or so, the road becomes unfamiliar again, then Mag said, "Diba pabalik ito?"
 
That's when I started laughing.
 
 Somehow I made a wrong turn, and instead of going back home, we were going back to the theater again.
 
So much for not getting lost.
 
Ako pa, hindi pwedeng hindi ako maligaw. Hah. That will be the day.
 
***
My parents, Vincent and I tried to look for the right house for us.
 
But somehow wala kami mapili.
 
They're either too small, or somthing's not right, or the neighborhood doesn't look too friendly..
 
Hay. Kailan kaya kami makakabili??? I want to get out of this apartment na!
 
 

posted at 11:03 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger