P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Sunday, July 25, 2004

Call it the "Midnight Craving"
 
One thing I really hate about working the night shift is that it completely makes your sleeping habits erratic. You see, saturday is my day-off, and I should take advantage of that right? I should go out for the whole day, go to the mall, do some shopping, hang-out with friends, watch a movie, go to the beach, go out on a date.

But instead where do you find me? Right smack in the middle of my bed, sleeping soundly and waking up when the day is almost gone...

Anyway, just to show how lazy I am, I just watched TV for the whole day (or what remains of the day that is), and then by 11pm, I went to bed again. I did manage to catch some more zzzs, an amazing thing since I slept for a total of ten hours that day.

But I woke up at three in the morning wide awake while my family is sleeping very soundly. Heck, while the whole world is sleeping very soundly! I felt the pangs of hunger, and to satiate my growling stomach, I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. But, alas!, no food! or at least no food that I like.

I contemplated on cooking up some eggs, hotdogs and bacon but decided against it. I kinda' got tired of that food already. Then an idea came to me! Why not cook some pancit? I quickly opened the refrigerator to look for some ingredients and in 30 minutes, I cooked that mouth-watering steamy pancit!

I'm crazy, I tell you. Who in their right minds would wake up at three in the morning just to cook pancit???

***
I have a new car!

Well, not exactly new. I just had back the car that I seriously banged way, way back. You see, right after the accident, my parents (and my brother) were all scared to let me drive that car again. Heck, I was scared to drive that car again. I swear everytime I'm behind that wheel, my knees start to shake. But I will conquer my fear because now they're giving me back my car!

Yay!

But seriously, I kinda' grew to love my old car. It was that car that saw me through all that I had gone through for the past couple of months. It was that car that heard me cry in pain as I drive by the Highway 295. It was that car that absorbed all the pain, the anger, frustration and disappointment. It was also that car that saw me triumph over all my problems...

It's kinda' hard to let go...

 


posted at 5:33 AM by joyce


About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger