P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Sunday, May 23, 2004

People from work kept asking me if I already have a boyfriend. I give them my standard answer, "Nope, and I'm not looking." Then I go on, "Besides, I won't have time for that anymore, between work and school, I can't squeeze in any emotional baggage in between. I need to sleep too, you know."

One guy said he wants to introduce me to his friend.

And since he was so persistent, I told him my standards. (Why, of course!) "Alright," I said, "Is he Filipino? Because sorry but I'm not interested in foreigners."

Apparently he is Filipino. Hmmm...

Next question, "Was he born here? Sorry but eventhough he is Filipino, and he is born here, I'm not interested. I want someone who grew up in the Philippines and still retained the Filipino values instilled in him. I do not like Filipinos born here because they are too Americanized for my taste."

His answer, "Nope he wasn't born here. He's only been here in NJ for six or seven years."

Hmmm... Interesting.

"Wait, is he married???" I have to ask that, don't I?

"He's single. Ano ka, irereto ko ba naman sa yo ang may asawa na?", he replied indignantly.
"How old is he?" I asked.

"He's already 27."

"Yay! Too old for me!" I shrieked.

"Aw c'mon! I'll tell him about you, alright?,"

"Well, okay, " I shrugged. Besides, what is there to lose? I can't have too many friends right? "Oh but wait, I don't want him to think I'm desperate! Kakahiya no!"

"Hindi naman nya isipin yon no! Sya nga dapat mahiya hindi ikaw dba?"

Oh well...

Pumayag na akong makilala yung guy para di na sya mangulit.

But in all honesty, I've loved and lost too many times in the past, that I tend to shy away now from any romantic involvement. Sure, I get a tiny twinge of envy when I see two lovers holding hands, looking so much in-love, but when I think about what I had gone through in the past, I know I'm better off without a man right now.

I'm not saying this would be forever. For like any girl, I, too, would want to get married and have kids someday. But for now, I'm just gonna concentrate on my work and studies.

And about that guy my co-worker wanted me to meet, well, let's just see what happens. Though I'm not setting my hopes up on that.


posted at 2:52 AM by joyce


About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger