P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Thursday, March 04, 2004

It's my life, it's my decision

I had always been the type of girl who doesn't care what other people think or say about my actions - be they be good or otherwise.

I always tell them, "It's my life. I don't care what other people think. If ever I would make bad decisions, and then pay for it, then it's okay, because it's me who paid, it's me who learned. It's my life and no one controls it but me. If people don't approve, what the hell do I care. They got nothing better to do but to meddle into other people's business."

I always had this attitude even when I was a kid, maybe that's why my parents don't really meddle with any decisions I make of my life, coz once they do, they know that I would rebel against them. Or at least I would do the reverse thing they expected me to do. This has happened a lot of times, that my parents just let me do what I want, and they don't try to dictate my life. My parents had learned to respect my decisions in life. And I love them for that. They let me do what I want (eventhough maybe a lot of times, I make bad decisions), and then if I fall, they would not shake their heads and tell me 'I told you so', instead they let me learn from my own mistakes, and they would only help me if I ask for their help and guidance. They would help me mend the broken pieces.

Not all people are like me, I know. There are those people who always think of what other people will say about them before they do some kind of action. Honestly, how can you be happy with that? How can you be happy when with every move you make, you look over your shoulder to see if people are snickering behind your back? If that were the case, then your freedom is restricted, you let others dictate your life, you let others dictate your happiness.

I don't know if I have a distorted view of these things. But this is who I am, the girl with the 'I-don't-give-a-f*ck-what-other-people-think' attitude. I'm not saying that I just do what I want to do without contemplating about the consequences of my actions. What I'm saying is that I don't let what others think of me, get to my nerves.

I'm just saying all these things to make a point to someone I hold dear in my heart. You know who you are. Please, I beg you again and again, don't make that fear in your heart an issue to ruin our relationship.

posted at 2:30 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger