P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Sunday, February 01, 2004

Went to my cousin's birthday party last night.

And I brought a friend with me.

I had fun actually. May it be because of the company or because one can't help having fun when they're with my boisterous family.

My friend, Lester, almost didn't come with me to the party. He said he's shy (?). I don't know how I convinced him to go with me though, my sulking must have worked. Hehe.

It was funny actually. I knew I'd get a lot of reactions if I bring him there to meet my family.

"Who's picking your sister up? Who is this Lester? Is he your sister's boyfriend already?" - my dad asking my brother when I didn't ride with them to go to my cousin's party.

"Is that your new boyfriend, Joyce?" -- my uncles asked me.

"So who's he? Is he courting Joyce?" - my auntie Agnes to my cousin Mag.

"Tsk, tsk Ate we need to talk... a boyfriend already? you're too young!" - my younger cousin Paul.

"Hey, I think he's nice..." - a family friend told me

and the question of the night "But what about Wacqs?"

Only got one answer for all of them. "You guys, he's just my friend! Can't a girl have a friend, who is, incidentally, a boy? Can't a girl and a boy just have a platonic relationship?"

I only got disbelieving smiles and knowing looks for that.

But honestly, they don't know, if Lester is my boyfriend, I wouldn't take him to meet my family. It would be too nerve-wracking for me. And besides, I promised myself a long time ago, I would never take my boyfriend to meet my whole family, unless I'm really sure of him, and unless I'm gonna marry him.

posted at 7:21 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger