P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Sunday, January 25, 2004

Dear L. V.,

I remember telling you a lot of times how refreshing you are. You asked me what I meant by that, and I think I didn't give justice to my answer.

So here's my letter telling you what I meant by that.

When I said you are refreshing, I meant you are a refreshing change from all the men I know, be it my father, my brother, my cousins, my boyfriend and my guy friends. I've known you for only a month but somehow through our conversations I know that you're different from all these men I know.

You believe in love, you believe in relationships, you believe that you would only kiss a girl on the lips because of love.

I think once I already told you I don't really believe in love. At an early stage in my life, something happened to me that made me doubt fairy tales and happily-ever-afters. Or maybe I do believe in love but I don't believe that love could lasts forever. After all, a lot of things can happen between now and forever. And furthermore, I believe that forever is just a word. Forever doesn't exist in real life.

You can't really blame me for not believing in love and in relationships. I already told you about my life, about my father and about my relationship with my boyfriend right? Somehow through all these experiences I had (I'm not saying I had a lot, but in those few that I have experienced), I had become somewhat of a cynic. How can I believe that love could really lasts forever when everything that surrounds me says otherwise?

Last night when I told you about my dad, I know you didn't hear the tremor in my voice. I told you the whole story, I told you everything, and I even laughed about it. But let me tell you a secret. Tears were on the verge of falling while I was talking to you. But I controlled them, and like everything else I do in life, I hid behind this tough facade.

You wondered how I could take what he's doing. Well, I guess, it is true sometimes that a pain dulls through time. I've known about my dad's infidelity for a long time now. The first time I've learned of it I was miserable, yes, but like all bruises, I healed through time. Or maybe not really healed, maybe I've just become numb by all of it. And somehow through the years, I had learned to accept it. I know it's not right, but that's life, and that what happened to my family happens to almost every other family in the world.

While I and everyone around me is jaded about love, you say you believe in it. That's refreshing really. Somehow I hope that nothing and no one taints your belief in it. I hope you don't lose your idealism. It's nice to know there are still men like you. And it's nice that I have you as a friend. Who knows, your idealism might rub off on me, then maybe somehow through you, I could believe in fairy tales and happily- ever-afters once again...

yours,
Joyce


posted at 4:17 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger