P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Monday, December 01, 2003

WE ARE DOOMED

I thought I heard it wrong from a friend. I never took it seriously till I saw for myself when I turned on the Filipino Channel. FPJ IS REALLY GONNA RUN FOR THE 2004 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS!

I never thought it could be possible. I thought he was much smarter than that. I thought these actors learned from Erap's fate. I thought wrong.

Darn, what is he thinking? This isn't the movies. He is not the hero in an action scene where he defends the poor and the downtrodden from the villains of society. This is real life. This a real country with real issues and problems.

What could FPJ, "King of Action Movies", with zilch experience on politics, and a close buddy of Erap, do to our country? Probably free Erap from prison, huh?

FPJ got a lot of nerve vying for the highest position in the land, when he hadn't even held any public office before. What does he know about being in the government?

I haven't had the chance to watch the news from Philippines lately, but knowing the Filipino people, FPJ is probably the most popular presidential candidate... ergo, the Filipinos are probably looking at their next President.

I can only shake my head, give a deep sigh, and pray real hard for my country's fate.

***
Queen of the Malls

Malls love me. They love me so much that they beckon for me to come to them and walk their floors. And I don't have the heart to resist their calling.

No matter how many times I've promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything on the account that I'm broke, I still end up buying something. No two somethings. Okay, make that three somethings. Or four. (u get the picture)

Yesterday, my cousins picked me up after work and we went to Franklin Mills Mall in Philly. Man, that was a big mall. Shopping is really enjoyable there coz they probably got all the stores one could ever think of. (But then again, I wouldn't know coz I'm new here). We shopped for more than three hours. And even that was not enough but we had to go home at around 7pm coz my uncle has to go to work ( and the mall closes on 7, so we really didn't have the choice).

With aching feet, dented wallets, but with big smiles on our faces, we dragged our asses back home.

posted at 4:24 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger