P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Sweet

"Please tell your daughter I love her very much..."

That's my beybi talking to my dad via the yahoo messenger. Sweet, eh? I'm actually swooning right now.

***
15 days before Christmas

I just love the Christmas Holidays. Not so much because I get a lot of gifts and aguinaldos from my ninongs and ninangs. It's because people seem much nicer to you. People you don't know smile and greet you. And people actually seem so much happier, so much alive during this season.

And every house and every establishment look so alive with all those blinking lights and decorations hanging on their walls. The air seems so much crisper, colder. Everyone and everything seems so much merrier.

Now, the days narrow down to THE day. 15 more days and it's Christmas. I don't know if I should be happy about it or not. It's my first Christmas away from home. It's my first Christmas to my new home. I guess, right now, I just miss celebrating Christmas pinoy style. Nothing compares to the way we celebrate it. With so much vigor, with so much enthusiasm.

Wala lang. Sana masaya pasko dito.

***
Call me a snob or whatever, pero dati ayaw na ayaw kong nanunuod ng mga tagalog movies. When friends invite me to watch one, my first reaction would be "Eew, baduy no!" Totoo naman e, nababaduyan ako sa mga tagalog movies. Kasi naman pag may nakapilit sa akin na manuod (and I only watch pag talagang wala na akong choice), e puro mga walang istorya. I know may mga magaganda namang mga pinoy movies, and yeah, I've watched a few na rin, pero majority e super baduy.

Kaya nga, I surprised even myself when I watched three tagalog movies today. And take note, yung mga romantic comedies pa. Yung bang 'Pangarap Ko'y Ibigin Ka'. 'Walang Kapalit', and geez, nalimutan ko yung title nung isa. Basta kay Regine din sya at Richard Gomez. And syet, kinikilig pa ako nung pinapanuod ko sila. Yay! Anong ginawa ng Amerika sa akin! Although, di talaga ako mapilit na panuorin yung Till there was You ni Juday. Sowee. Di ko yata kaya yun. hehe

I remembered when my sister (who is in London) came home to the Philippines, pinipilit nya kami manuod nung Tanging Ina ni AiAi. Di nya kami mapilit kahit na anong gawin nya. We would never be caught watching in a cinema such movie. Kakahiya no. Baduy.

Pero ngayon, ganito pala, pag nalalayo ka, namimiss mo yung anything na gawang Pinoy. And mananabik ka na manuod ng mga tagalog movies. Mag-iiba ang paningin mo sa kanila. Di na sila magiging baduy. Ikaw na mismo ang maghahanap ng mga dvds na pinoy movies. Ikaw na mismo ang magyayaya na manuod ng mga ganito. And manghihiram ka pa sa mga kakilala mo na may ganun. Hehe. Iba na nga ang nagagawa ng Amerika sa tao.

***
Napapag-iwanan na ba ako ng panahon o sadyang nagmadali lang sila?

Imagine my surprise when I heard from the Journ grapevine that two of my classmates married each other. Yay! I am actually speechless over the news. Well, what can I say? That's their life. I hope they're happy.

---you have to know the whole story about this couple to understand my reaction. but then again, it's not in my place to tell. sowee guys. shock lang ako.---

***
To Change or not to change? Hmm.. Guess not

I want to change my template. I am getting tired of looking at that depressing blue. But knowing me (and my lack of knowledge of html and computer stuff), I might just mess it all up. I guess I'll just stick with this then.

Ei, doesn't that say something about me? Delving deeper into what I said, I guess one could see that I'm afraid of risks. Yeah, well. What can I say? That's me. Although sometimes I deceive myself into thinking that I am a risk-taker.


posted at 6:53 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger