P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Sunday, December 07, 2003

It's a Strike!

I'm taking up a new sport...but then come to think of it, I don't even have a sport where I excel. What am I thinking? I hate sports. I'm a wimp. But this one game made me want to learn it to the hilt.



Yup. Bowling. Hehe. Never mind that my arm is still stiff from yesterday's trip to the bowling center. Never mind that most of the time I roll the ball directly to the gutter. Never mind that the highest score I got is 68. Never mind that I'm not that good in bowling (well, duh, obviously). And lastly, never mind that when all of my relatives were cheering for me when it was my turn, as I aimed and stretched out my hand to roll the ball, it suddenly fell out of my hand and went in the reverse direction where I almost hit someone. (And to my utter embarrassment, that moment was caught on tape and my uncle is threatening to send it to America's Funniest Home Video! And did I say everyone was laughing hysterically?).What matters is that this sport is fun. It isn't boring as I previously thought. Heck, even my voice got hoarse from shrieking a lot. I even learned a few crazy dance moves that my uncles do whenever they hit a strike.

And to my utter astonishment, I also hit a strike once. Unbelievable.

***
After our trip to the bowling center, the whole family went to my Auntie Agnes' house where we had dinner of pancit, lumpia and lechon. And my auntie also made this dip for the nachos that was so good it was orgasmic! (Oops! Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Hehe. But it was really that good. :)) I ate too much again. As usual.

Afterwards, my brother was urging everyone to have a snowball fight outside. But it was already 8 pm, and it was so cold outside, no one paid attention to him. I, myself, lost interest in snow. Playing with it once was enough for me. I already lost my fascination with it. I realized it wasn't so fun anymore when you're shivering with cold ( as in sagad sa buto) and bigla na lang tutulo ang sipon mo ng hindi mo namamalayan dahil sa lamig. Hehe.

***
Weird

Okay, this is weird.

Why did my heart skipped a beat when he walked in the room and smiled at me? Why did I suddenly felt the heat rising up my neck towards my whole face? That was weird. Real weird. I just hoped he didn't see that blush. Yay! That was embarrassing. He's my friend for goodness sakes!

posted at 8:45 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger