P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Saturday, November 01, 2003

MY First (and probably my last) attempt at trick or treatin'

'Twas fun... Walking around the block, holding your bag, surrounded with kids in various costumes, wearing a silly mask (so no one'll recognize you, just in case), knocking on every house you pass by, shouting "Trick or treat!", getting a handful of candies (if you're lucky), and afterwards sifting through the loads of candies you've acquired.

Made me wish we have one tradition like that in the Philippines. I sure missed a lot during my childhood.

Also, I found out that when I'm in the company of children (5- 12 year olds), I have the tendency to act like a child again. Nah, last night I was just any normal nine year old, in the body of an almost-21 year-old woman. Twas a delight being a child again, free from worries, free from responsibilities, free from problems...

Afterwards, when everyone was tired from walking, and after everyone was satisfied with the amount of candies they have, we finally decided to go home, and watch a scary movie...

We watched Final Destination 2. It wasn't really scary. Just full of gore.

That's Halloween here for us. :)

***
If I were in the Philippines right now

I'd probably be in the cemetery with my cousins and friends, eating butong-pakwan, sharing ghost stories, till midnight. Then afterwards, we'd probably go to the abandoned hospital in Clark to hunt for ghosts (or is the other way around?)

Ahh. I miss celebrating All Soul's Day in the Philippines already!

***
Scared!

What would you do when your supervisor (who's really a cutie!), walks up to you, and say, "Maganda! (Beautiful), what's up?" Then after a beat, in a serious tone of voice say, "I miss you"?

Geez. What was that all about?

posted at 6:08 AM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger