P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Friday, October 10, 2003

Whew! What a day!

Been all around town running errands.

First, my dad woke me up at 7:45 in the morning. We were going to take the USPS examination... at 9am in Cherry Hill. That's a 30-minute drive from our apartment.

dad: joyce wake up! we're leaving at 8am!
me: hmmm? what time is it?
dad:7:45! u have 15 minutes to dress!
me: What!!!!!!!


I took a shower that would have been termed as the fastest shower by the Guiness Book of World Records. Didn't even have time to blow dry my hair. So I tied it up in a ponytail soaking wet. Ugh.

Then, when we were off to go, I suddenly remembered we don't have any pencils at home. We need pencils for the test. Unfortunately for us, New Jersey isn't like Manila, there are no sari-sari stores here. Ergo, have to go to Shoprite. Go to a big grocery store to buy one box of pencils. huh. How ridiculous is that? Hmm... made me think... what if I initiate a trend and create a sari-sari store here. Hehe. Just a thought.

Anyway, we didn't go to Shoprite because on our way there, Vincent suddenly remembered that there is indeed a small grocery store near our apartment. So we bought the pencils. One hurdle passed. Now for the next one... they don't sell sharpeners!

What to do? Hmm... thank goodness my dad was resourceful. He bought instead a miniature penknife. ER- actually, I don't know what they call it. Needless to say, during the drive over to Cherry Hill, my dad was trying to sharpen those pencils using that mini-kinife.

All that time, I was silently fuming that we're never gonna make it to the testing center on time. I was at the back of the car sulking, telling them that I wished I hadn't called out from work since we're never gonna make it on time anyway.

We were running out of luck that day, actually. When we were at Cherry Hill, we got lost. We couldn't find the building where we will have the test. We brough a map with us, but it really didn't help coz we just had no sense of direction, or as I always tell people, "we are directionally challenged." We were roaming around for more than ten minutes when alas we finally found it. But I tell you, tempers were running high inside the car.

We made it with only a minute to spare. But at least we made it.

Now, about that test, uh, I don't know how I fared... but I do not have high hopes. I just wasn't ready that time. OH well.

After the test, we went to my grandma's house to have lunch. We had adobo. Yummy.

Then afterwards, we went to Camden County College where I applied for their pre-nursing course.

And then I had a chat with my sister. And she agreed to pay for my tuition. Hmmm... Isn't that nice of her? :)

And then we went grocery shopping. Then we rented three dvds, "Chicago, Down with Love," and uh, I forgot the other one. Anyway, we had a movie marathon at home. We watched all of those movies in one night. Slept around midnight.

posted at 7:47 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger