P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Saturday, September 20, 2003

Woohoo!

WE watched my cousins play basketball in Philly today. They are part of the Filipino Community Basketball League.

Man oh man, they were awesome!

We won by one point by sheer luck and determination.

The opponents were really very tall, and my cousins pale in comparison. But what they lack in height, they more than made up with speed and vigor.

The opponents were leading by ten points with only less than two minutes left of the game. Thankfully, luck was on our side, and the opponents kept messing up their game.

With only seven seconds left, our team caught up. The score was 51-52, in favor of the opponents. But then Paul, my cousin, did a fabulous two-pointer. By that time, I was really screaming at the top of my lungs, cheering wildly.

The opponents tried to shoot with only three seconds left, and voila, they failed... and WE WON!!!

I ran at the center of the court towards my sweaty cousins and gave them all a high-five.

I never thought we would win that game because never once did my cousins lead.

Man, who says height matters??!!

My voice actually got hoarse from all that screaming and cheering.

Reminds me of the college days when we were rooting for the golden tigers.

***
Queen of sidestepping

THE nurse asked me out again today. Twice. Once in the morning...

nurse: So, when are we going out?
me: I don't know. When are you available?
nurse: I am always available.
me: Hmmm. we'll see


Then I changed the topic. hehe

... and once at lunch:
Nurse: hey, do you want to watch a movie tonight?
me: Oh! I'd love to... Oh, wait I can't!
Nurse: Why not?
me: My brother's playing basketball tonight. I'm going to watch him.

( He actually looked disappointed I swear!)
Nurse: Oh...
me: yeah... uhm, maybe next time?
Nurse: yeah, sure, next time.


Ooh, temptation, keep away from me! I'm trying to be faithful here...

posted at 6:12 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger