P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Things that I miss so much


When you're alone, with nothing but your thoughts to keep you company, things get to randomly fleet to your subconscious...

Like today, I thought of all the things I miss back home.

I miss my high school friends, Ivy, Myla, Riegel, Xavier, Tina, Jay, Vince, Xzymon, Wamcy, Pie, Gors, PJ...

I miss hanging out with them...

I miss going to Myla's house, swimming in their pool, splashing around, having fun, drinking gin pomelo, catching up with each other's lives, laughing, crying....

I miss my former dormmates at Mo. Rita Ladies Dormitory: Sugar, Therese, Sasa, Tina, Jules, Nai...

I miss staying up till the wee hours of the morning, playing charades, playing pusoy dos, sneaking a drink or two upstairs, telling each other's deepest darkest secrets, exchanging ghost stories, scaring ourselves silly, going to the mall, dancing all night long, staying at Wendy's coz we got locked out of the dorm, staying out way past our curfew, hanging out at the field, watching the soccer players practice their game, hanging out at the Coffee Indulgence, sipping my choco-banana shake, strolling at the Benavides Park, not minding that we got termed as "the notorious bunch of the dormitory"...

I miss going to Sasa's condo unit, going to the rooftop, seeing the whole of Manila, lying on the floor, staring at the sky, figuring out what the clouds look like, sharing our hopes and dreams, keeping quiet, contemplating about life...

I miss my journalism classmates and friends...

I miss Cherry, JP, John, Naya, Kim...

I miss JP's famous one-liners. I miss laughing so hard when he cracks a joke or two. I even miss them telling me how slow I am to catch on the joke, like when they're laughing, and I'd be like What the heck is funny?, and then after ten minutes or so or when the conversation gets serious, I'd suddenly crack up and tell them, "You know the joke you told me ten minutes ago? I got it now. That was funny!"

I miss hanging out at my boarding house with Jeannette, Shef, Wacqs, Papa Dions, Mang Peming, Dengas, Jeff...

I miss the Saturday nights' tambay at the dorm, with Dennis strumming his guitar, the rest of us singing, sometimes out of tune (me, mostly), drinking gin pom or tanduay, belting out our song (corny as it may sound) "Kung tayo'y matanda na, sana'y di tayo magbago... Kailanman, nasaan man, ito ang pangako ko..."

I miss Wacqs' endless monologues... about wrestling, UAAP, work, etc...

I miss going out with him, watching a movie, walking along UST, eating at Food Corner, pigging out on Manang's famous isaw, walking along Dangwa, laughing at the flower vendor's usual line - "Pa-arrange po kayo ng flowers? Kasal?"

I miss going to the Paskuhan, getting free food courtesy of Kenny Roger's,oohing and ahhing at the fireworks display, gasping at the beautiful giant Christmas tree, hoping and praying to win at the raffle draw...

I miss my college professors: Sir Lito's endless monologue, Sir Kiko's-ala-James-Bond imitation, Sir Roque's heart melting smile, and heck, I even miss Sir Jere! (although only God knows why).

There are so many things that I miss, even a whole blog page can't contain.

But, all that it comes down to, I can summarize in five words - I miss having a life!

posted at 12:52 AM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger