P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Thursday, September 25, 2003

About Long Distance Relationships

Could long-distance relationships really work?

Hmmm...

I had an interesting chat with Aaron earlier about long distance relationships and if they work or not.

I'm not gonna bore you with the details of that conversation.

Bottom line is, we are both in long distance relationships, but we do not have the same belief about them.

He believes it could work.

I don't believe it can.

I don't know. I guess it's just me. I do not believe that love could really survive the distance. As I think I've pointed out to him, if two people had grown separately, and had probably outgrown each other in the process, how could they be sure that that person is the same person they've fallen in-love with in the first place. Circumstances change. There may be significant events that happened in the life of a person that really changed him or her, and that eventually, would affect the relationship of two lovers in a long distance relationship.

I also do not believe that phone lines could cover that distance. It's just not the same as being with that person physically. I mean, voices through telephone lines could lie. You could say I love you to that person over the phone, while rolling your eyes and shaking your head.

But then again, he said that's what you call faith.

Er- got nothing to say to that. Coz I know he's right.

And I guess, that's just something I lack: Faith or a strong belief that it could really work.

So, where does that leave me and my baby?

I don't know. I honestly don't know. Right now, I'm living for the present. Maybe it would work for us in the future, but then again maybe it would not. I guess we're both hanging on a thin rope, with two choices - hang on for dear life, or just let go. But right now, I'm just too scared to do anything.

And quoting from Pam's blog, "But a relationship will never work if only one person wants it to", I guess I would have to deal with that sooner or later, do i want this relationship to work, and just set aside my doubts?

posted at 1:00 AM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger