P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Saturday, August 16, 2003

Oh man, this has been one hell of a day!

It all started last night, when I tossed and turned in my bed, trying to catch that much-needed sleep. My eyes closed at their own free will, but my mind was wandering else where, eluding eight hours of peaceful slumber. And when at last my brain got tired of its restless roaming, it was almost two am and I had to get up at 5:15.

Although my warm bed beckoned me back to its cradle, I dragged my still sleepy ass into the bathroom and took a cold shower to wake me up. The full blast of water made my eyes almost pop out of their sockets. That cold shower sure did the trick. I was wide awake and rearing to go to work by the time I got dressed.

I was excited to go to work coz I thought at least I'd see Duran. But what do you know, Saturday is his day off. Ugh. I should've known!

Back at the dining area, I tried to keep a cheerful face for the residents. I was even joking with one of the patients named Harry. Here's how he broke my heart.

me: good morning Harry!

Harry replied with a few grunts. I can't make out what he said but I assumed he said good morning right back.

me: do you want some coffee Harry?

Again he replied with a grunt. I took that as a yes.

I made him a cup of coffee. As I was about to give it to him, my supervisor, Dan came along and gave Harry some cookies.

me: Oh Harry! Look what Dan brought you! Can I have some?
Harry: No! No!
me: Oh c'mon, I'll give you this coffee if you give me one cokie
Harry: No! No!
me: Okay fine. I won't get your cookies if you don't want me to... how about if we go out tonight, do you want that?
- this said while winking at Dan.
Harry: No! No! (then laughs so hard)
me: Harry! You're hurting my feelings by refusing me!


See, even an 80-year old man won't go out with me!

That's not the worse of it. The nurses were really so cranky that morning. It seemed that a lot of their fellow nurses were absent or late from work, and only a few handled a roomfull of patients. Needless to say, they were all tired and snapping at each other.

There's even one Filipina nurse with an attitude. To think, she's a Filipina like me she'd at least smile and say hello. But no, she snubbed me! Can you believe that? That really got my ire! Who does she think she is? Just because she's a nurse and earning much more than me, a lowly food service worker, she thought she had a right to snub me! Duh!

You know what I did? I snubbed her right back. Huh. She'd take what she gave!

Anyway, she did talk to me. Asked me if I still go to school. I said no, I had finished college.

nurse: really? what did u take up?
me: journalism.
nurse: then what are u doing here?
me: same thing as you, earning money
.

duh?!

I really hate it when some people think they're much better off just because they have much better jobs. I really hate those type of people looking down their noses on little people!

Anyway, that was not all. Work was really tiring. Bosses were all cranky. One boss even asked me if I could stay and work overtime. I said no. I haven't had much sleep, and I just want to crawl on my bed and sleep in sheer bliss. She kept asking and asking, until I just want to snap at her for being so pesky. Of course I didn't. She's still my boss, after all. But maybe after a hundred shakes of the head she finally got the picture and left me alone.

And when 3 pm came, I had to hitch a ride home coz my family went to some Filipino fiesta they were invited to right here in North Jersey. Yes, they went without me. Oh well.

One hell of a day huh?

posted at 4:59 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger