P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Friday, August 15, 2003


You know, now that I've come to think of it, I really owe a lot to my parents. They gave me everything I want. They gave me good education. They gave me roots.

And now they're giving me the wings.

At their own expense.

They didn't have to come here with me and Vincent (my bro) in America. If they so wanted, they could just have chosen to stay in the Philippines.

They have already established a good life out there. My father was promoted as Vice President In the Philippine National Bank. My mom was a high school teacher for almost thirty years. We have various businesses that bring loads of money.

So what are they doing here with us in America, where they have to start all over again?

It's because of me and Vinent.

They know that the Philippine economy is hopeless. They know that my brother and I wouldn't find jobs good enough to pay all the bills.

Millions of Filipinos are either umemployed or underemployed. Every year, universities spew out fresh graduates, all looking for jobs. As it is, a lot of my classmates are either unemployed or employed to companies not related to the degree they took.

I don't know if I consider myself lucky in terms of at least, hopefully finding better paying jobs than them... coz I'm still starting at the bottom, and right now I don't feel lucky...

But one thing's for sure, I know that I am lucky to have parents like my mom and dad... coz they turned their backs on what they had already established in the Philippines - a good life. I am lucky because they gladly started at the bottom again just for me and Vincent. They didn't have to go with us here. But they did. I am one heck of a lucky child.

posted at 10:56 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger