P r a g m a t i c D r e a m e r
Tuesday, August 19, 2003

You know, there's one thing I've realized about work...

Once you get too attached to your residents, it would really hurt when something happens to them... which is inevitable since they're too old, and as they all say, maybe just waiting to die.

Earlier this morning, I was really looking forward to going to work, coz I wanted to see some of the patients I had grown fond of... and Harry holds first place in my affection. Even though he cannot speak, I can understand him fully although all he does is groan and grunt in my direction.

Anyway, usually, every morning when I come to the dining area I'd find him sitting in his usual place, waiting for his breakfast. When I come in, I would say good morning to him and he would wave at me.

Then I'll go get his coffee. And tell him he's spoiled.

That's our routine.

But this morning, I didn't see Harry in his usual place.

And I was worried...

I guess, one thing about nursing homes is that there is always the chance that you won't see one of your residents again...

All kinds of horrible thought passed through my mind. What happened to Harry? Why isn't he sitting in his chair? He never missed one day of being in the dining area every morning before?! What if....? No, I said to myself, I don't want to finish that sentence

Thankfully, before I had gone out of my mind with worry, at eight am, an hour late for Harry, he came walking slowly with his cane.

When I saw him, all my worries disappeared, I breathed a sigh of relief and thanked God for seeing him one more day.

posted at 7:43 PM by joyce

Comments: Post a Comment

About Me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce. 22 23 24. Filipino. Journalism graduate. working student. Scorpio. chocolate lover not anymore.collects teddy bears shoes.drama queen. crybaby. book lover.frustrated singer. good dancer. extrovert. observer. loves to daydream. has an overactive imagination. green-minded. cynical and yet romantic. sweet. internet addict. talkative. a walking contradiction . mababaw. childish . loves to laugh a lot. pretty friendly. optimistic. impulsive buyer. doormat. directionally challenged. worrywart. constantly on a diet. movie fanatic :)
Contact me at b l u e b l i n k 1 3 8 2 at yahoo dot com
I feel my moodtoday
online




My past...



Photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My Favorite Bloggers
suburban wit
mental foreplay
tampisaw
taglish
sapphicgirl
selene in shadows
leidy gaea
spot my blog
rock the boat
stars on hand
pretty pearl
cafe of the village nut
midnight run
sickmadworld
Winchell
Falling into the rabbit hole
rice bowl journals
Car Driver
Ala-ism
Hipstah



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger